The Warehouse and Distribution Department is responsible for ensuring that good quality products are being produced and consistently distributed on a timely basis through the:
i. Guaranteeing that raw materials used are of high quality standards.
ii. Proper warehousing/dispatching of raw materials.
iii. Proper storage and transporting of the finished products island wide.
The department’s main role/function include:
- Planning and directing all activities related to the storing and transporting of raw materials to the Plants.
- Working with the Ministry of Education’s School Feeding Unit to:
- Identify the schools that are to be fed
- Procure a list of the schools to be fed
- Ensure preparation of schools to receive daily deliveries from NPL.
- Ensuring consistent, presentable and on-time delivery of products to schools.
- Ensuring the proper use and care of vehicles contracted to NPL for transporting/delivering products to schools.
- Devising/maintaining suitable recording and reporting systems for information flow between Plants and Departments.