Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the incumbent directs and co-ordinates the operation of the assigned plant (St Mary) in an effort to achieve production and plant operating objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develops and monitors the Plant’s budget, operational and work plans and programmes;
- Participates in the development of the Company’s strategic and operational plans
- Ensure that accurate up-to-date records are kept
- Ensure that all employees in the plant are appropriately attired.
- Ensure that all employees possess up to date Food Handlers Permit
- Ensure that the plant is fully maintained at all times.
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Ensure that the distribution of snacks to schools is delivered punctually and consistently.
- Plan and organize production schedules in collaboration with the CEO ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Determines quality control standards in collaboration with the Quality Control Officer
- Ensure the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Determine in collaboration with the CEO the most efficient uses of the available resources including equipment and labour to meet production goals
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Make requisitions for raw materials in order to produce required numbers of products.
- Monitor and control the use of raw materials, the requisition of supplies based on needs and the proper recording of production storeroom stock.
- Ensure that products are processed, stored and dispatched under hygienic conditions.
- Ensure that formulae are adhered to.
- Ensure and monitor the sanitation of the plant in order that sanitary conditions exist in and around the plant
- Visit members of the school community on distribution routes on a regular basis to foster good public relations.
- Create requisitions utilizing AccPac.
- Attend managers meetings as required and to also attend other various committee and emergency meetings.
- Plan and monitor production schedules and product range for the plant
- Ensure that all plant equipment and machinery are in good working condition by organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Ensure that acceptable health and safety regulations are met
- Prepare and submit to the CEO, periodic performance reports and other specialized reports as required.
- Provide technical advice to department heads and other relevant personnel to assist in the preparation of their budgets.
- Ensure, through the Safety Maintenance and Security Officer, that effective security arrangements are in place at the location
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommends and/or initiate corrective actions wherever necessary to improve performance and/or established personal and/or organizational goals
- Participate in the recruitment of staff for the Plant and recommends transfers, promotion, termination and leave in accordance with established Human Resource Policies and Procedures;
- Develop and implement in collaboration with the Human Resource Department, a programme of Succession Planning for the Plant to facilitate continuity and the availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Division;
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching;
- Ensure the welfare and developmental needs of staff in the Plant are clearly identified and addressed;
- Establish and maintain a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Plant’s and Company’s goals
Required Knowledge Skills and Competencies Technical/Functional:
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Sound people management skill
- Sound strategic planning skills;
- Good listening and counseling skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent decision making and judgment skills;
- Ability to think creatively
- Able work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent Customer and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the relevant Computer Applications
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
- Degree in Production and Marketing/Chemistry, or Management Studies are equivalent Qualifications
- Minimum Five (5) years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
Basic Salary: $1,577,167.00 – $1,874,755.00 per annum
Travelling Allowance: $894,924.00 per annum
Applications along with resumes should be submitted no later than Friday, October 16, 2020 to the:
Human Resource and Administrative Services Manager
We thank everyone for applying but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.