Under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Accountant the Financial Accountant is responsible for:
- Providing technical support to the CFA in ensuring that an efficient and effective payment system is maintained, supervision of the bank accounts, cash requirement management and accuracy in the preparation of the payroll and ensuring the related accounting entries for the above are reflected accurately in the financial statements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Management/ Administrative Responsibilities
- Participates in developing the department’s Budget, operational and work plans
- Co-ordinates the activities of the payables department to achieve maximum credit facilities in addition to maintenance of good customer relationship to suppliers
- Ensure that customers and staff are dealt with promptly and in a courteous manner at all times
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Presents and discusses with the Director of Finance suggestions of what the Accountant perceives to be the best procedure for disbursement to suppliers and other payees of all plants and head office.
- Assists with the checking and posting of entries (invoices, cheques and receipts) and printing of reports to generate the monthly financial statemen
- Authenticates the codes entered on payment vouchers to ensure the integrity of the financial statements.
- Analyzes accounts to aid the reporting process.
- Examines contracts to ensure adherence to government’s procurement guidelines
- Assists with queries relating to bank accounts.
- Liaises with the various banks on discrepancies affecting bank accounts
- Assists with preparation and maintenance of Audit schedules
- Prepare monthly payroll for senior managers
- Adjusts monthly payroll when necessary eg. Payroll authorization forms
- Supervision and Coordination of Payments
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, mentoring and coaching.
- Develops in collaboration with the Financial Controller and the Human Resource Department, a programme of Succession Planning for the Division to facilitate continuity and the availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Division.
Required Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Knowledge of GOJ Financial Accounting and Auditing (FAA) Act
- Excellent Knowledge of General Accounting Principles and Practices
- Excellent Knowledge of GOJ Financial Policies and Procedures
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Government Accounting
- Knowledge of Accounting Payable Systems
- Knowledge of AccPac Accounting Software
- Excellent Decision and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Supervisory Management Skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills;
- Excellent People Management Skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
- Degree in Accounting/ Management Studies (Accounting) or;
- ACCA (Level 2);
- At least 5 years’ related experience in Accounting with 3 in a Supervisory Management Position and;
- Related experience working with a Payroll Accounting Software (AccPac)
Basic Salary: $1,341,866 -$1,789,576 per annum
Travelling Allowance: $894,924.00 per annum
Applications along with resumes should be submitted no later than Friday, October 16, 2020, to the:
Human Resource and Administrative Services Manager
We thank everyone for applying but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.