Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Accountant is responsible for:
- The direction and coordination of the accounting activities of the company including the Management Information System function. The incumbent also has responsibility for the development, maintenance, preparation and interpretation of Corporate Accounting Records, Financial Reports, Statistics, Accounting Policies and Procedures in accordance with the companies Act and International Financial Reporting Standards, Government Reports and Data Processing Services, to include MIS functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Management/ Administrative Responsibilities
- Develops and monitors the Finance and Accounts strategic/ operational work plans and programmes
- Participates in the development of the Company’s strategic and operational plans;
- Review the Department structure, based on any organizational changes that may be recommended
- Provide feedback to department members by having regular meetings.
- Attends various meetings with internal and external personnel regarding the Company’s financial operations
- Ensure monthly/bimonthly system audit and functionality checks are done at all plants
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Provides general supervision to the Finance Department to achieve monthly targets and the organization’s objective.
- Establishes, develops and maintains procedures and strong internal controls to ensure efficiency, accuracy and conformity of expenditure levels of budgetary limitations
- Develop and implement Accounting Procedures which are representative of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Monitor and apply current internal control principles and techniques in the development of accounting methods and control reports.
- Review the accounting systems employed in the company and initiates changes when necessary.
- Direct and control preparation and maintenance of corporate, financial, accounting and statistical records including general and cost accounting.
- Provides functional direction and co-ordination and advice to Departmental, Plant Managers and Supervisors in their accounting activities
- Counsels with Executive Department Heads, Plant Managers and other in operating management on accounting matters such as Procurement Guidelines, Inventory Management and Record Keeping also on interpretation and use of related reports.
- Direct and control payroll and other general office activities for the corporate staff including the Officer of Management Information Systems.
- Prepare and present monthly Financial Reports on activities carried out by the company to the Finance Committee.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommends and/or initiate corrective actions wherever necessary to improve performance and/or established personal and/or organizational goals
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Division and recommends transfers, promotion, termination and leave in accordance with established Human Resource Policies and Procedures;
- Develops and implements in collaboration with the Human Resource Department, a programme of Succession Planning for the Division to facilitate continuity and the availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Division;
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching;
- Ensures the welfare and developmental needs of staff in the Division are clearly identified and addressed;
Required Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Knowledge of GOJ Financial Accounting and Auditing (FAA) Act
- Excellent Knowledge of Budget Preparation
- Excellent Knowledge of GOJ Financial Policies and Procedures
- Excellent Customer and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Public Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Excellent Decision and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Leadership Capabilities
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent People Management Skill
- Excellent Strategic Planning Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
- Degree in Accounting/ Management Studies (Accounting) or;
- ACCA (Level 3);
- At least 10 years’ related experience in Finance and Accounts with 3 years’ experience at the Executive Financial Level
- Related work experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
Basic Salary: $2,453,125 – $2,915,995 per annum
Travelling Allowance: $894,924.00 per annum
Applications along with resumes should be submitted no later than Friday, October 16, 2020, to the:
Human Resource and Administrative Services Manager
We thank everyone for applying but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.